At the dawn of the new year we have launched our (hopefully) last testnet: Euler-5. You can find the raw footage of the launch here.
Below are the rules and links to what you will need in order to participate in validating and earning rewards.
The key idea behind the Game of Links is to establish a starting value of relevance on the knowledge graph. It is crucial for getting quality search results from the inception of the network. All the disciplines are an integral part of the preparation and testing of the network before its mainnet launch.
- To carry out publicly incentivized testing of cyberd and Ethereum contracts before the launch of the mainnet
- To demonstrate the search, with the use of an experimental knowledge graph, filled with useful cyberlinks
- To distribute up to 6% of CYB tokens to the validators who will participate in pre-genesis takeoff donations. The amount is dependent on the number of donated ATOMs
- To distribute up to 4% of CYB tokens to the participants of 7 the disciplines of the game, depending on how many participants win against cyber~Congress
Provision for the Game
The Game of Links starts with the launch of
euler-5 and ends with a snapshot of the network which will be produced after the grand-finale of the Game! Based on the Genesis snapshot of
cyber the network will be computed independently by each validator who will decide to become a part of the Genesis.
The takeoff donation will start after the approval of the governance proposal of the takeoff donation start itself. It will last until 1 of 2 of the controlling events happen: - 90 days have passed after the takeoff donations start - 600,000 ATOMs well be donated
After the end of the takeoff donations we will distribute EUL tokens to participants of the takeoff. This will kick-off the final round of the Game of Links.
At this time, key players with significant stakes will have a powerful impact on the results of the Game.
The final round will be played for 21 days after the distribution of EUL tokens.
The distribution for
euler-5 in the Genesis file will be the following:
How to participate in the Game
There is no face control, captchas or KYC to join the Game. All you need is a tool for playing and some tokens.
You may join the Game as a:
- Validator. Set up your own node and start validating
- Great Web Agent. The builder of the Great Web. Migrate content from web2 to the Great Web or create your own and make it searchable. You can link your content with the help of a browser extension, a web app or with the use of CLI
- Developer. Create cool things and claim your rewards via spend proposals from the community pool
How to get the tokens and which tools to use?
There are several ways to get tokens (and several tools that you can use):
Gifts . There are 100 TEULs allocated as a gift to the Cosmos, Ethereum and Urbit communities. This is 42.9% of the
euler-5Genesis supply. You can check your balance using
cyberdcli, the cyber.page app or via the cyb-virus extension. Simply add your address to the cyber.page app to check your balance. Or, import your private key (for Ethereum) or seed phrase (for Cosmos) to the CLI or to the extension. You can also use your Ledger device with the cyber.page app and from the CLI.
Faucets . We want to test the production of the auction app during
euler-5and this is a great opportunity for creating a faucet based on this app. You can obtain GOL tokens and claim EUL tokens to participate in the game. We expect a low price valuation for GOL, so you can fill your stake with Szhabos (1 millionth of an ETH) and uAtoms (1 millionth of an ATOM).
Takeoff round . You can get tokens if you will participate in the takeoff donations. There are 100 TEULs allocated for takeoff donation participants during
euler-5. Those will be distributed at the end of the takeoff donation round and account for 42.9% of the Genesis supply. Therefore, their valuation should be much hotter towards the end.
Be a validator . You can obtain tokens through inflation as a validator. The
euler-4validators get 20 TEULs in
euler-5for their support of the network.
Takeoff donations and disciplines incentives
The takeoff donations has 3 key goals:
- bootstrapping the genesis validator set
- definition of allocation for cyber~Congress participants
- definition of allocation to the Game of Links participants
Types of disciplines
There are seven disciplines to participate in the Game of Links, which are subdivided further into 2 different types:
Depending on takeoff donations:
- The relevance of links submitted (the higher the rank of the content, the better)
- The bandwidth load of every participant (the more you link, the better)
- Life summary of every validator (the longer your uptime is, the better)
- The amount delegated to each validator (the more a validator is delegated, the better)
Independent of takeoff donations:
- Full validator set (the more validators there are, the better)
- Community pool (experiment and participate in governance)
euler-4validator rewards (rewards distributed to validators for the last testnet)
There are no limits for participating. You can set up your validator node to get a reward for validators uptime or you can link CIDs and load network bandwidth. You can create any promotion around your validator and collect stakes from users. You can do all of those things together. Simply play and monitor the results.
At first glance, the
euler-5 distribution and the Game rules look pretty complex. This is not true. A good UI of the cyber.page app is intended to make playing easy and clear. We expect the
cyber network to launch with a loaded knowledge graph and a nice distribution curve. The Game will help to achieve this. This is a good chance for everyone to become an early adopter of the #fuckgoogle philosophy and the Great Web. Do it. Cyber it.