[PROPOSAL #12][ACCEPTED] Are validators charging 0% commission harmful to the success of the Cosmos Hub?

My point of view is that we can think of the Cosmos Hub as having a “security budget” and that security budget is best expressed as the “stake weighted average” of validator commission.

When delegators chose 0% commission validators, they are effectively moving the aggregate amount Cosmos is willing to pay it’s operators to secure the network towards 0.

This is not in the interest of atom holders.

I think it’s a great property of the Cosmos system that we are constantly negotiating the security budget of the system.

As an Atom holder, it’s in my interests to do everything I can to persuade Atom holders that a security budget > 0 is in their interests. I believe it is.

First, I would strongly advocate that Atom holders should not delegate to 0% commission validators because they are harming the formation of a healthy equilibrium security budget.

Second as iqlusion, I can deploy plans to start competing more heavily to demonstrate to my delegators what value they getting for spending on security.

5 Likes