Multiple Recipients in Community Pool Spend Proposals

That’s a neat idea! I have some thoughts on things that could be relevant.

The Cosmos Hub Roadmap articulates a high-level plan for the development of the Hub. The next software upgrade (scheduled for Q2 2022) is v8-Rho and includes the following:

Gov Module Improvements

• Execution of arbitraty [sic] transactions instead of just governance proposals.
  • Enables much more expressive governance module.

Executing arbitrary transactions would let proposal makers have more flexibility instead of being constrained to following the format of Signaling || Community Spend || Parameter Change || etc. Because this development is still a ways out I don’t think we have access to definitive answers but I’d be curious if you’d be able to bundle a group of transactions into a single proposal so that you could ask for a governance vote to approve a group of transactions from the Community Pool to a set of recipients.

There is also an upcoming Signaling proposal to evaluate the community’s stance on whether CosmWasm should be included in the Rho upgrade. That proposal text and discussion is on the forum here. If the Hub were able to host governance-gated smart contracts using CosmWasm I wonder if it would be possible to execute a smart contract that receives tokens from the Community Pool and then automatically distributes them to a predefined set of recipients.

I am not a developer so I don’t have answers to these curiosities. I’d be really interested in hearing from a core developer on this topics though.

2 Likes