Anyone building on Ethermint?

Ethermint is a solution that has intrigued me for some time. The reason I like it more than building “my own blockchain” with the CosmosSDK is all the tooling and developer support that is in the Ethereum ecosystem. I have seen all the modules and such for Cosmos 2.0, and it might be worth reviewing, but it’s nice to have full-stack examples with a few front-end clients for forward facing applications.

I became weary of the token economy - and further honed my AI/ML, IoT, Robotics, Game Development and software engineering skills over the last 3 years, but this NFT space has sparked a renewed interest with objectives that align with all my newly acquired understandings. However, after working with Ethereum again for only a week or so, I understood why I enjoyed traditional development more than blockchain. The gas prices and confirmation time on Ethereum is an unnecessary evil. Beforehand I got to where I liked Proof of Authority with Ethereum due to the configurations that could help one achieve the throughput for high volume transactions, but it created limitations that other options using more traditional means just don’t present. I know 2.0 is supposed to be coming, but Ethermint—you know???

TOO LONG DIDNT READ

Long story short - I’m interested in what the market participation on ethermint is like, and connecting with like-minded developers.

I want to build an NFT DeFi / Marketplace, without the turtle neck speed of Ethereum.
https://goodfaith.finance

2 Likes

I recently took a little dive into ethermint and It’s my understanding that it’s supposed to be ready to go at the end of the year. However it’s notable that it did seem to basically work. I think there are some reasonable concerns about it upgrading it once it is deployed.

Certainly a ton of work has been done on it over the years and I would love to see something happen with it.

With that said, there are some really great things being done with the inter NFT standard and you might want to have a look at that.

I guess the only reason that you would go with etherment, and indeed the reason why I was looking into it, is the vast pool of developers already familiar with solidity concepts.