Clarifying Funding Sources for Cosmos Validators

So, I feel you that you’d feel that way – I should likely break down the maths for you right fast but if you don’t mind, I am going to leave it to you as an exercise –

• ICF delegates to Notional 800kish+ atoms (well, they said they would, maybe they will, idk)

(my country blocks medium.com, sorry but here’s the article with the exact figures)

Now, if these are payments:

• AIB paid NWV voters for their votes in proposal 82 (note that I am not sure that they are payments, but I am super happy to have the convo with you, it’s important, and also note that my speech is kinda… curtailed in the aib dept, please see: DRAFT: Censure AIB for dishonest legal practices)

Also, though if these are payments (I am not sure delegations are payments because they also affect gov and consensus – my opinion? AIB actions in prop 69 represent clear payment for voting and delegations are something else)

… but if they are payments:

Calculate for me, how much a validator earns on an 800k atom delegation, here’s the rough math:

• inflation is defaulted to 7% but currently at 20%
  • a validators delegators earn a % of inflation equal to their votepower (take notionals votepower and add the 800kish from icf, calculate our new votepower, someone made a spreadsheet)
  • take the # of atoms that the delegators earn and calculate the commission

After doing this exercise, and realizing that there’s no contract between the icf and validators, nor the chain and validators, I believe strongly that you’ll adopt my position that delegations are not payments, as they lack some essential features of payments:

• a fixed amount
  • predictability
  • a mutually agreed upon set of services

(you’ll also find that the icf delegation to notional – the largest one – amounts to about $60kusd per year in atom, if atom is about $13 each) – there is no way that could pay for the things mentioned in the doc we submitted for the icf delegation) (but please do the math for yourself, it will prove to be a very useful exercise for you)