Community Oversight Member Elections: Meet the Candidates

GM Cosmos :sunglasses:

I’m Clyde (clydedev), and I believe my technical experience in Cosmos, personal ATOM alignment, and involvement across the interchain ecosystem make me the ideal candidate for the Oversight member role at AADAO.

My Journey in Cosmos

• Started in 2021: initially as an $ATOM hodl’er, when I quickly recognized the potential that the Cosmos Hub and its community has.
  • Transitioned to full-time: by the beginning of 2022 as a DevOps Engineer for SG-1 Validator, supporting and building out critical infra for the Cosmos Hub.
  • Technical Contributions: I’ve helped bring innovation to the Hub through implementing many upgrades we’ve had over the years, including testing and deploying Interchain Security from its initial stages all the way to getting ICS live on Mainnet.

Experiences and Achievements

• Community Involvement: I’m an active participant in Cosmos events and hackathons, including clinching 1st place at HackMos Istanbul.
  • Cosmos Ecosystem Collabs: I’ve worked with Akash to create AI Model deployments and tutorials, and most recently I took on a new challenge at Evmos as a DevOps Engineer.
  • Networking: I’ve also done my fair share of networking and enjoying at various Cosmoverses

Vision and Goals

• Urgency of Affairs: I am of the growing opinion that the Cosmos Hub faces an array of existential threats. While the AADAO has been effective in its tenure thus far, I think bringing further innovation to the Hub remains an urgent matter.
  • Engagement and Transparency: I promise to keep the community involved in the happenings of AADAO, to constantly gather input and sentiment, and to ensure a high level of transparency of the DAO as a whole.
  • Leadership: I believe that the AADAO is in a unique position to bring the Hub to its fullest potential. For this reason, I ask the community to support my candidacy as Oversight Member in order to ensure that AADAO accomplishes this goal exactly.

Why Clyde?

• Deep personal investment: I have a great personal stake in the Hub’s success and I understand the Hub’s technology and its history
  • Community-Focused: I think the Hub’s potential lies not only in its strong technical foundation, but also in its uniquely dedicated community of investors and builders, and in order for the value of the Cosmos community to be captured, they must be involved.
  • Proven Cosmos Track Record: My breadth of experience not just with the Cosmos Hub but with the broader Cosmos ecosystem makes me a unique candidate to effectively represent the community and lead within AADAO

I think with my knowledge and experience I’ll be highly effective in gauging and gathering the community’s feedback, and also a top contributor to AADAO’s success as a whole.

ATOM to the moon :rocket:

Clyde

6 Likes