Community Oversight Member Elections: Meet the Candidates

Respectfully, it appears your COI policy is both primitive and incomplete.

I disagree. By virtue of your dual employment status with Citadel and AADAO, Citadel is not an “independent entity to AADAO.”

Are you saying that you do not recognize the inherent conflict with Citadel expressing a preference for an elected member whose role is expressly designed to hold you accountable?

To be super clear, I am urging AADAO members to adhere to an informal recusal policy established during the voting for Proposal 95 and reinforced in Proposal 865. Because the reasoning you used to have your validators previously ABSTAIN, still applies. If not, more.

The reasoning: Validators connected to you, such as Citadel, previously abstained from voting on Proposals 95 and 865 because their involvement with .91% of voting power on the hub directly influences the outcomes of proposals that position you as an paid member of the AADAO — a clear conflict of interest.

The outcome of Props 920, 921, 922 will directly impact the transparency and accountability frameworks that may be used to asses the conduct of AADAO and its members. That’s you.

Props 920-922, pertains to an extraordinary addition to the DAO’s roster that is designed to keep your paid position with the AADAO accountable — ostensibly, a community elected oversight committee member that functions to keep you, your actions, and your reasoning in check. Therefore, it logically follows that you should not be inflecting, either directly, or indirectly – any influence, as to who this elected member is going to be.

I appreciate that you did not participate in determining Citadel’s vote, but your validator should not be voting with an expressed preference due to your position.

Maintaining the integrity of the election process for critical organizational roles such as Oversight is paramount. If you can’t uphold integrity to the process, why do it? It’s pointless.

Imv, allowing the validator directly associated with you to vote in the oversight member election is a breach of ethical standards. It breaches the checks and balances the DAO puportedly wishes to actualize. Citadel voting undermines the expansion of the Oversight Committee and the mandatory impartiality required from you during this election process.