[DISCUSSION] Working draft of Cosmos Hub Charter

Introduction

Hello everyone, I am ala.tusz.am, although some of you may know me as abra tusz. I make this post as a representative of a group of friends and community members that have been seeking grassroots changes within the ecosystem for the past couple of years. We (@ticojohnny, @RobbStack , @JD-Lorax , @CosmonautPorge, @valeh_cosmos) are composed of passionate Cosmonauts working both independently and with different Cosmos based organizations. Our members hail from around the world. We represent diverse views but are held together by a binding interest in the vision of Cosmos.

We have organized calls to review the Charter article by article, and deliberate on the significance, implications, and open questions within each written line. The appended document is the outcome of our first two calls toward this effort, and spans the preamble to Article 28. These revisions only represent our own, individually held viewpoints, and are not representative of the stance of any organization.

We hope the following will be helpful for all governance participants, both in order to clarify any questions that the community holds and to create a stronger, more capture-resistant set of governing principles for the Cosmos Hub community. Additionally, we hope that this method of community synthesis via break-out groups, and the template for giving feedback will serve as a model for other individuals and groups within the Cosmos community. We applaud the original authors of the Charter for their thoughtful work, and acknowledge that we stand on the shoulders of giants.

Full Document

The document that contains our suggestions can be found here.

Conclusion

This effort is only one-part of an iterative and inclusive process. All proposed changes are only representative of our individual opinions and our attempts to reconcile them as a group of community members. We highly encourage other cosmonauts to perform the same level of due diligence and provide additional feedback, such that the community charter is a strong synthesis of the community’s value system. We look forward to continuing the conversation.

Toward a better collective future for the Cosmos,

11 Likes