Performance of Tendermint in Case of Large Number of Nodes

Hi all, could anyone share some information regarding this question: How many nodes can participate in a Tendermint PBFT network before the transaction rate is reduced – and, what is the network traffic that is produced in these networks? I know that the results will depend on the application, but any insights would be useful. Thanks a lot.

Hi,
Thanks for reaching out.

Year 0: 100
Year 1: 113
Year 2: 127
Year 3: 144
Year 4: 163
Year 5: 184
Year 6: 208
Year 7: 235
Year 8: 265
Year 9: 300
Year 10: 300

On the grand scale globally, it is improved by a new paradigm in edge and core routing, with exceptional scalability, carrier-class reliability, environmentally conscious design :

• aggregation services routers, optics fibers evolution across internet backbones improvements

• low latency in the vacuum if data go via
    optical inter-satellite links and phased array

• Moore law, Amdahl’s law, quantum computing mainstream usage sooner or later.

More details

There is much room in spare for more transaction volume per day.

Hope it helps

Hi,

thanks a lot for your answer. I would be very thankful if you can share some insights on how you tested it and what would be the procedure to perform such tests? Also some insights into network traffic would be great.

Thanks again.

Sure

Kysenpool produces a fantastic job with the outpost for network stats, alongside other validators, monitoring the ecosystem.

Hi again,

I just want to make sure I understood the numbers good. So today Tendermint can handle 300 nodes without a drop in the transaction rate, right? Could you please clarify what are the years 0-10 in the above answer? Many thanks.