[Proposal] [Draft] Suggested changes to a few cosmological constants

Thanks all for the excellent feedback. Based on response so far, and the upcoming introduction of parameter change proposals which will render future changes simpler, I think it makes sense to make three separate proposals in the near future:

1. Add a proposal type to spend from the community pool, requiring the usual majority & quorum, to any Cosmos address. (leave the community pool tax as-is for the time being, until we see how it ends up being used)
  2. Increase "slash_fraction_double_sign" from 0.05 to 0.1 (more conservative than 0.2, I do recognize the concern about information asymmetry between new validators and delegators).
  3. Increase “inflation_rate_change” to 0.52, resulting in a maximum period of three months for inflation adjustments targeting 2/3 bonded.

Proposal #1 will be made before the next hard fork, so it can be included in that. Proposals #2 and #3 could wait until parameter change proposals are activated, but they would also be easy to include as changes in the genesis file after the next upgrade. I don’t have a strong opinion between those two options.

I think we should consider increasing the maximum validator count in the future, but I agree that doing so isn’t immediately pressing.

Thoughts on this segmentation welcome. Cryptium Labs will likely make proposal #1 in a day or two, and we are willing to implement it pro bono.

4 Likes