Proposal Feedback on the Forum

I think it depends on how independent the follow-up content is! For essays that spawn from a proposal, such as the ones I wrote after Proposal #63, they are long enough that the should be stand-alone content. I put them in Governance Meta because the proposal itself was focused on the process of governance:

Other, shorter updates (like the information for the vesting accounts in Proposal #104) feel like they would be at home as a reply under the original proposal post.

My concern in creating a new category is just that people already have trouble placing proposals under the ‘right’ category (air quotes because hey - I don’t own the forum so my opinions on what’s right are valid but not necessarily objective). People also don’t really use the naming conventions :') so indexing and finding content is getting harder as the forum grows.

We would need strong norms or mod support in linking together posts so that someone finding the original proposal could easily access the follow up and feedback, and vice versa.

I’ve been extremely hesitant to edit posts as a moderator - I don’t think it’s appropriate to edit anything other than the title to comply with the naming conventions. But ideally, the top-level post would contain links to related content. Discourse does this automatically to a certain extent (pages contain links to other pages where the original page has been mentioned) but I haven’t fully traced the logic for how and when this happens.

2 Likes