- 2023-09-26 Created initial post
- 2023-10-10 Update with funding terms and forum link
- 2023-10-10 Update with funding account, vesting terms and amount
Vitwit is a technology company specialized in Blockchain and AI, with over 9 years of experience in building and scaling products. We are firm belivers and contributers to cosmos-sdk and ecosystem since 2018. We have a team of 25 engineers working on multiple projects and partners in cosmos ecosystem. We are securing 20+ cosmos based networks with our validator arm called Witval. We have built blockchain explorer called Aneka for the cosmos ecosystem.
Resolute is an (opensource)[GitHub - vitwit/resolute: Resolute], feature rich interchain interface for the Cosmos Ecosystem. The main objective of this project is to become a single place for interacting with any appchain that uses the cosmos stack. As the intro from the repo says in the tone of cosmos,
Resolute is an advanced spacecraft designed to travel through the multiverse, connecting all Cosmos sovereign chains.
We are submitting this grant proposal to request funding for the development and support for Resolute. All the work we have been doing for Resolute is self funded so far since May, 2022. We believe we pushed these developments for a usable tool for the ecosystem and believe we are eligible for the community funding.
Inspired from cosmos-multisig-tool, we developed a full-fledged multisig interface for Cosmos. It currently supports the major message-types which exists on cosmos-sdk (v045). It is built keeping the Orgs/DAOs as the first priority which makes it easy for executing/creating multi-message transactions.
Like any other staking interface, Resolute also has all the features related to Accounts, Bank and Staking. On top of all these features it also allows users to create multi-message transactions easily via a csv sheet or by adding (appending) messages on the interface directly.
Also, Resolute allows you to utilize authz for all these transactions.
We believe it is first interface to provide this feature in the ecosystem. With feegrant interface, anyone can grant, view and revoke feegrant permissions. Users can also easily set a fee payer account for all their transactions.
Users can manage and view all the grants they have given and received here. With single click on any of the authorization from the list, the interface changes to granter mode (authz mode) and users can perform transactions on behalf of the granter.
It is also the first interface available to interact with groups module. Users can create/manage groups and group-members on different cosmos chains with this feature. It also provides a clean way to track group proposals and votes on the group proposals.
- UI/UX improvements
- Feature Development: Support for ICA, IBC transactions, Wasm Contract Interactions and Interchain Swaps.
- Performance Improvements
- DeFi Management: Manage Liquid Staking, LPs, Perps, Lending/Borrowing all in a single place. It connects multiple DeFi apps from Osmosis, Neutron (scope), LS on Stride, Quicksilver.
- Development & Maintainance support for a minimum of 3 years in total (1 year development + 2 years support). This includes fixing bugs, improving performance, adding new message types for existing features as they’re developed etc.
- Allow users to add new custom chains
- Allow updating existing chain configs (RPCs for example)
- Wallets Integration: Integrate with Metamask via snaps. It already has support for Keplr, Leap and Cosmostation wallets.
- Add support for more message types in multisig, authz and groups page.
- New Features:
- IBC transfers support
- ICA support
- Support for AEZ chains (staking, gov)
- Integrate chain name services
- Multi currency support (fiat)
- Transaction builder for advanced users. It will allow users to build transaction by appending multiple messages, also allows users to upload csv sheet for building transactions.
- Scheduled transactions. Allow users to schedule transactions (Subjected to security review from community builders).
- Allow users to submit new governance proposal
- Enhanced governance visibility for delegators
- Show the effect of the proposal to respective delegator/user. Like in case of paramchange proposals.
- Show what their validator voted on for respective proposals and show suggestion to override their vote if they don’t feel it appropriate.
- WASM smart contract integration
- NFTs integration (view, buy, sell)
- Cross chain NFT trasfers
- Cross chain swaps
- Add more messages to multisig and groups module.
- Feature page for suggesting new features on Resolute
The requested funding amount for the grant proposal is 44,000 ATOM, which is approximately equivalent to ~300,000 USD based on the 2 week average exchange rate (on 18th Oct). It includes expenses related to development resources, infrastructure and maintenance & support.
- CosmosHub community is authorized to revoke the funding anytime if they feel we are not adding value to the ecosystem on this topic and can consider to clawback all the vesting tokens from the funded wallet/associated vesting account.
- The following vesting schedule sounds fair for us and we believe it’s reasonable for the community too.
Cliff is 6 months from the date of funding and vesting schedule is 30 months (total 3 years vesting schedule) 60% of the tokens are vested periodically over next 6 months (post cliff, every month) as we are forecasting to finish the major development work in the first year. Remaining 40% tokens are vested periodically over other 24 months, which will be used for development support, infrastructure and maintanance.
Note: We don’t have flexibility to create periodic vesting accounts currently on the Hub (latest sdk releases has this feature). So changing the vesting criteria to the following which will follow the same vesting schedule as previously described. We cannot enforce the cliff from protocol for continuous vesting accounts, so formally agreeing for 6 month cliff, the community can always verify it. Due to this, we are changing the vesting schedule into two accounts.
- Account 1: 40% tokens, continuous vesting for 1 year
- Account 2: 60% tokens, continuous vesting over 3 years.
- It will come to the same 60% tokens being vested in 1st year as mentioned in the proposal and remaining 40% tokens will be vested continuously over next 2 years (2 and 3).
- The support comes for 3 years in total, 1 year with development & support and 2 years with pure maintenance & support.
The following items summarize the voting options and what it means for this proposal:
- YES: Approve the grant proposal
- NO: Reject the grant proposal
- NO WITH VETO - A ‘NoWithVeto’ vote indicates a proposal either (1) is deemed to be spam, i.e., irrelevant to Cosmos Hub, (2) disproportionately infringes on minority interests, or (3) violates or encourages violation of the rules of engagement as currently set out by Cosmos Hub governance. If the number of ‘NoWithVeto’ votes is greater than a third of total votes, the proposal is rejected and the deposits are burned.
- ABSTAIN - You wish to contribute to quorum but you formally decline to vote either for or against the proposal.