B-Harvest propose a Community Fund expenditure of total 3,500 atom on developing New Subkeys Functionality by B-Harvest.
Subkeys Functionality allows users to create a SubKeyAccount with multiple SubKey, each of which has different permission setup on the SubKeyAccount. We expect it will create various good use-cases below.
- Users can create SubKeys of a SubKeyAccount each having different permission on tx types.
- A SubKey for daily casual usage with daily maximum spendable amount, which will greatly reduce the security burden of users.
- A completely/dynamically decentralized shared asset management scheme, which is possible via a SubKeyAccount generation without original public/private keys.
- Minimum deposit and maximum number of SubKey will effectively prevent spam attacks by creating excessive number of SubKeyAccounts or SubKeys.
We see more better use-case to come in the future as below.
- Blockchain service providers can demand users a SubKey of their accounts with very limited access. The service can perform various automatic tx generation features without exposing much risk of abusing client’s account.
- I believe the SubKey features will help to build algorithmic smart transactions such as ESCROW, DEX with less security burdens.
Detail spec can be found at https://github.com/cosmos/cosmos-sdk/issues/4480
We already did a deep research on how to deploy this functionality on Cosmos-SDK, so we are quite confident that we can show the alpha version in 2 months from starting.
Any discussion on spec, funding amount, paying schedule is welcome!