Signup For Gaia 7000

Cosmos Validator

To participate in gaia-7000 you will need to follow these steps:

1. Fill out the validator signup form. You will need to create a genesis transaction with the gaiad init gen-tx command. Full instructions on the form. We will be collecting transactions until 9AM PST Monday, 16 July. To generate this transaction use the 0.21.0 release
  2. Monday morning Pacific Standard Time we will begin the Validator Ceremony. Validators will have 12 hours during which they must come online and begin signing otherwise they will be either removed from the genesis block, or slashed when the network starts.

We will have a blog post detailing the changes between gaia-6002 and gaia-7000 up sometime later today. You can also always go check out the Release Notes to see what changed in the latest release.

4 Likes

Priceless organized job.

2 Likes

Awesome. Looking forward to gaia-7000

3 Likes

Great! Looking forward to the ceremony!

3 Likes

Cool.
Submitted my answer.

3 Likes

Submitted my genesis file.

and just in case this happen installing v0.21.0 (happen to me.)

make install error

"
make install
go install -tags netgo -ldflags “-X github.com/cosmos/cosmos-sdk/version.GitCommit=06216c1” ./cmd/gaia/cmd/gaiad
#- github.com/cosmos/cosmos-sdk/vendor/github.com/brejski/hid
exec: “gcc”: executable file not found in $PATH
Makefile:40: recipe for target ‘install’ failed
make: *** [install] Error 2
"
just need
apt-get install build-essential

then run
make install

and works, thanks to @zaki and @nuevax for the help.

4 Likes

I sent a wrong json file. Can I refill?

1 Like

I’m feeling optimistic to see this new method of genesis file creation being implemented, as well as clearly communicated in this forum and not Riot chat :blush::clap:

4 Likes

Thanks. I had the same error, ran your updated instructions and everything worked after that _/|_

1 Like

I submitted my genesis file.

2 Likes

@jack I ran 'gaiad unsafe_reset_all" before running the gentx command. You may want to add that step to the form.

1 Like

I think you can remove the .gaiad directory entirely before gen-tx as the old priv_validator.json and config are different, and the chain data will be new.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

good job @melea-trust !! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Should suggest those who are upgrading from previous testnets to delete both .gaiad and .gaiacli to avoid generating any error while gen-tx. May need to give some explanations on this as they got stuck after seeing the errors.

2 Likes

That’s why, I prefer to use docker which is easily get a clean version.

2 Likes

I am not sure if there should be some documents explaining the fundamental knowledge about the structure. Validators even don’t know the .gaiacli exists and don’t know what to do when they see an error message. Just telling about the steps to solve a case by case issue might not be an ultimate solution.

1 Like

does the unsafe_reset_all command delete .gaiad and .gaiacli?

No, unsafe_reset_all reset doesn’t delete them. If it delete the directories, then you will lost all your keys and config which is a problem for reset.

1 Like

I have a three questions about generated json

1. Can I delete my ip here, or change it to “0.0.0.0” if I want to stay private?
  2. I saw, that in previous testnets people wrote here “power”:“1000”. Can I do the same now?
  3. Why the name is empty? What should I write here if my moniker is “HELLOWORLD.COM Validator”?
    Thanks!