Is this forum working on Cosmos SDK discussion?

Hello, I am new and I am checking if this is the right place to write and to partecipate to discussions. The Discord chat is a good place but that is a chat and if I leave someting probably it is difficult to get informations. The forum way to get info is classical but better working for me.

2 Likes

I understand that asynch communication can be better-suited for some people but this forum is about the Cosmos Hub blockchain, not the Cosmos SDK. It is not the right place to ask questions about the SDK unless it is directly related to the Hub (in which case, go for it!).

2 Likes

Hello, thanks to the reply, is there any forum about the Cosmos SDK in an official place?

The best place to ask questions about the SDK is the Discord server. We’re hoping to have more people to provide support to questions within the next couple of months. In the meantime, I highly suggest you have a look at https://developers.cosmos.network to learn more and follow some tutorials about using the Cosmos SDK :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

Hi, I tend to strongly think that this forum, especially given its URL, should be used for discussion of the cosmos SDK, both technical and non-technical discussion.

Otherwise, this forum is sorely going to need a new URL.

Furthermore, discord is not indexed on search engines.

So because of that it’s a really good idea to encourage the discussion of the SDK on this forum. Because right now the only sources of information on it are really the issues on the SDK itself.

Also as a software developer, I liked it much better when the hub was a reference implementation, a template. Today’s hub is not useful as a template for people building blockchains but I think that’s part of the reason why she got the name Gaia.

1 Like

Yeah I think I mistook the OP’s question here. Agree that Discord is not the best place for SDK discussions, but would argue that GitHub probably is.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for making this. We are in the middle of reverting the discord to how it use to be. This will provide everyone in the community a place to discuss and watch discussions happening on the sdk. If you would like to have a discussion there is also the discussion board on the cosmos-sdk repo cosmos/cosmos-sdk · Discussions · GitHub

Also as a software developer, I liked it much better when the hub was a reference implementation, a template. Today’s hub is not useful as a template for people building blockchains but I think that’s part of the reason why she got the name Gaia.

I disagree here, the template should be provided by a templating tool. Copying over one projects code means you may absorb the mistakes done by that team. While this isn’t a solution, we are working on a solution directly in the sdk that will allow templates to built a lot easier and there will not be a need to rely on any repo other than maybe the sdk.

1 Like

Hey Marko,

I agree and disagree:

1. 100% on the templating tool, fully agree.

However I’ve got some pretty sad news about the current ecosystem templating tool, the ignite cli, née starport.

Im looking into building something stupid simple and easy to maintain, want to collaborate on it? I think even a viscose plugin for it could be cool.

Also I wasn’t mentioning ignite cli as a template tool, as I think ignite cli is beyond what a template tool should be. I’m of the opinion that a template tool is meant to be simple to maintain and update, but does not abstract everything away from the user.

1 Like

Yes. We would very much like to collaborate on it, and may have already built it.

Yes but unfortunately right now we are kind of dealing with the reality that Billy tried to get me removed from Cosmo’s repositories, saying that I tweeted too much during proposal 69 and it’s not nice and I need to move my office. We began this work with a fork of the ignite CLI that we were going to call tiny but I actually really like your suggestion here .

Craft economy began as an implementation of simapp.

It’s having serious trouble shipping because of IBC go. They are not going to do a full update to 46.