2022-05-16 Initial proposal for comment
This is a place holder proposal to begin discussion about the Lambda upgrade prior to release of software and on-chain proposal. Until the proposal is created I will put the outline of the roadmap with proposed features included in this upgrade so discussion can happen below.
- Gaia v9.0.x
- Interchain Security v1 - Required Participation of Provider Chain Validators
- The Cosmos solution to shared security that uses IBC Cross Chain Validation (CCV) to relay validator set composition from a Provider Chain (Cosmos Hub) to a Consumer Chain. This validator set is in charge of producing blocks on both networks using separate nodes. Misbehavior on the Consumer Chain results in slashing Provider Chain staking tokens (ATOM).
- Allows independent modules like Gravity DEX or Bridge to live on separate chains with their own development cycles.
- Liquid Staking
- Frees secure and low-risk delegations for use in other parts of the Cosmos ecosystem
- Features include enabling transfer of rewards and voting rights