Add consumer chain proposals are for adding a new consumer chain to Cosmos Hub’s replicated security. For more information about what that means, check out @lexa 's awesome essay “Preparing for Replicated Security”.
Here’s a template for writing an add consumer chain proposal! This template will be automatically generated when you create a topic in this category; you are free to edit it as you need. Also, for all proposals, please remember to follow the suggested naming conventions so the community is aware of the status of the proposal.
Hi OP! Here are some things to keep in mind when writing a proposal:
- There is a 10000 character limit for a proposal (incl. format and links)
- Once a proposal is on-chain it cannot be changed or edited. Make sure to solicit feedback and edits from stakeholders (i.e. Validators and delegators) BEFORE you move on-chain.
- For transparency, take a pdf snapshot of this forum post and pin it to IPFS before going on-chain (e.g. Using a service such as Pinata - https://www.pinata.cloud/ ). Include the link in your on-chain proposal text.
Reference and information links
Ongoing communication platforms
The following items summarize the voting options and what it means for this proposal:
- YES -
- NO -
- NO WITH VETO - A ‘NoWithVeto’ vote indicates a proposal either (1) is deemed to be spam, i.e., irrelevant to Cosmos Hub, (2) disproportionately infringes on minority interests, or (3) violates or encourages violation of the rules of engagement as currently set out by Cosmos Hub governance. If the number of ‘NoWithVeto’ votes is greater than a third of total votes, the proposal is rejected and the deposits are burned.
- ABSTAIN - You wish to contribute to quorum but you formally decline to vote either for or against the proposal.