Game of Stakes Updates

I need you to please provide link to your submission in an email info@interchain.io and update in contribute.

1 Like

Hi @MichelleL

We have updated our application in Contribute system and just sent an email to info@interchin.io. Our username is contact_infinitystones.

Would you please take a look at our application? Thank you.

We are looking forward to participating in GOS!

Hi MichelleL. I have provide the newest waiver. Does this is OK . If my address isnā€™t in the genesis file. Where can I get tokens for the gaia-900X testnet? The follow url https://faucet.cosmos.network/ just get tokens for gaia-800x testnet. Pls give me the new faucet url.

Thereā€™s no facuet yet for900X.
Just ask in Riot chat.
AFAIK, all efforts are now in 9002, getting it up and running, and thenā€¦ GoS!

Just a quick update for everybody thatā€™s checking this thread. This is from Zaki:

ā€œGaia-9002 is targeting Wed and Game of Stakes will depend on a successful gaia-9002 launchā€

Iā€™d like to confirm that Game of Stakes will start no earlier than Nov 19.

We are still planning gaia-9002 for Wed/Thursday and a stable gaia-9002 will be a blocker on Game of Stakes

4 Likes

Amazing news!

How can we help with gaia-9002 ?

Thank a lot for your help. But now how can I join into the gaia-9002 network testing? If I can get tokens.

hey @MichelleL,

We sent an email to info@interchain.io, and just wanted to confirm that our cosmos address was received properly for username zednode.

Our address is: cosmos1anrnemrx8tcy6f5zy2ukleweyg8m3v823qg87d

Thanks!

Thanks for the info and keep up this

Hi, is it still possible to apply for game of stakes? I have a perfect hardened server for this purpose.
Thank you

Hi @MichelleL could you please look into my username @sambady , I just uploaded a new version of the waiver.
Thanks

This issue basically thwarts my strategy for starting Game of Stakes centralized and then decentralizing it after the game has started.

https://github.com/cosmos/cosmos-sdk/issues/2967

Options are either change the startup plan for a more de-centralized start or fix that issue.

I am leaning towards planning a decentralized start

1 Like

We recently sent an email to GoS players, if you didnā€™t receive it - check out the Game of Stakes Github repo for details

Hi @MichelleL, I didnā€™t receive the email but my address is in the genesis file. I guess thatā€™s ok, isnā€™t it?

Yes, if you are in it all is good and you have checked and been following the repo. There were about 15 people or so for whom we didnā€™t have an email address - this could explain why. Good luck!

Hi. Zaki, I have a question about GoS victory criteria.
I read about victory criteria of GoS in github repo.

To determine the winners, Tendermint will primarily consider the uptime (precommit votes on the blockchain) of the validators (operated by the original GoS signup accounts), rather than the total bonded stake or total amount of atoms held. This means that delegating or transferring stake from Sybil accounts does not directly lead to winning.

In this paragraph, the uptime(precommit votes on the blockchain) is the most important thing in GoS.
I understand consequtive downtime means a ā€œbreakā€ of validator, but occasional missing block happens because of geological difference and deep level of sentry architecture for the strong security. And also, occasional missing block does not affect the total rewards because DelAccum increases even if a validator misses precommit.

So, my question is that, is ā€œthe occasional(=not consequtive) missing blocksā€ also the crucial part of the victory criteria of GoS? In this case, validators in remote location should consider temporarily moving their validator server to the United States, and also need to make sentry architecture less deep so that it does not miss many precommits.

Thank you for your concern here Zaki.

1 Like

What we are expecting to see in GoS, is that users will accumulate large amounts of stake and start censoring either on their own via cartels.

Acquiring stake is still very important to win because accumulating relative stake enables less coordination among cartels.

Related discussion:

https://github.com/cosmos/game-of-stakes/issues/196

@bharvest raises a good point - since an uptime metric will include occasional missed blocks, it will incentive centralization, making the GoS less realistic.

1 Like

Everyone participating in the GoS, please have a look here and join the discussion:

https://github.com/cosmos/game-of-stakes/issues/235

It is basically a proposal to delay GoS until we have a stable release with a testnet running for a at least week without any major bugs.

2 Likes