My 12 word seed phrase from the fundraiser is not working. Here’s what happened so far:
- I wrote it down and didn’t touch it for the two years
- I tried to enter it into my nano ledger s and it said
invalid recovery phrase
- so i went on an offline computer and entered it into the cosmos-cli tool, and the cosmos address that gets returned is not the same as the one I have written down, and that was published in the ETH fundraiser contract, and has atoms allocated to it.
Most likely, I have messy writing, and I wrote down a word that doesn’t look like it should. However, I tried many iterations of the ugly words, and it still hasn’t panned out, so I’m slightly worried. I have a few questions for Cosmos/IFC that I’m hoping can be answered:
- Has anyone else had this issue? Is it possible there was some bug in the fundraiser that could have caused me to not get a valid seed?
- If there was no bug, I’m hoping this script can find the real seed - https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover/blob/master/docs/Seedrecover_Quick_Start_Guide.md#running-seedrecoverpy . It can recover seeds with typos from BIP 39. What I need to know from cosmos - is the original hex
cosmos address(used to query balance at fundraiser.cosmos.network) , the same as the the first
eth address(because this script can recover eth addresses).
- Also, is it the first derived address? Basically this script can confirm an eth address, and if you know an address that is created by the wallet, and what number it was derived at, it will run a lot faster.
- How is the cosmos address of today (cosmosaddr1…………) derived? I am looking for the file/module that does this.
Any other advice anyone could give me would be great.