Problems with go relayer

Hey folks, I’m running into some problems with the go relayer, and I’ve really struggled to find information and documentation on it, so I was hoping to get some input here. My issue is the following:

I want to run a relayer over two existing channels, using two of my own nodes. This works absolutely fine with my existing hermes relayer. However, using the same parameters, my go relayer does not seem to be working as expected.

When I run it, I get the following:

2022-08-04T07:45:41.633120Z	info	Unrelayed destination packets	{"dst_chain_id": "STRIDE-TESTNET-2", "dst_channel_id": "channel-0", "seqs": [10600]}
2022-08-04T07:45:41.780351Z	info	Failed to relay packet from sequence	{"src_chain_id": "STRIDE-TESTNET-2", "src_channel_id": "channel-0", "src_port_id": "transfer", "dst_chain_id": "GAIA", "dst_channel_id": "channel-0", "dst_port_id": "transfer", "channel_order": "ORDER_UNORDERED", "error": "no transactions returned with query"}
2022-08-04T07:45:41.780387Z	warn	Relay packets error	{"src_chain_id": "GAIA", "src_channel_id": "channel-0", "dst_chain_id": "STRIDE-TESTNET-2", "dst_channel_id": "channel-0", "error": "no transactions returned with query"}
2022-08-04T07:45:42.326215Z	error	Failed to query packet acknowledgement commitments after max attempts	{"channel_id": "channel-2", "port_id": "icacontroller-GAIA.FEE", "attempts": 5, "error": "no error on QueryPacketUnrelayedAcknowledgements for STRIDE-TESTNET-2, however response is nil"}
2022-08-04T07:45:42.346771Z	error	Failed to query packet acknowledgement commitments after max attempts	{"channel_id": "channel-4", "port_id": "icacontroller-GAIA.REDEMPTION", "attempts": 5, "error": "no error on QueryPacketUnrelayedAcknowledgements for STRIDE-TESTNET-2, however response is nil"}
2022-08-04T07:45:42.360834Z	error	Failed to query packet acknowledgement commitments after max attempts	{"channel_id": "channel-1", "port_id": "icahost", "attempts": 5, "error": "no error on QueryPacketUnrelayedAcknowledgements for GAIA, however response is nil"}
2022-08-04T07:45:42.561929Z	error	Failed to query packet acknowledgement commitments after max attempts	{"channel_id": "channel-3", "port_id": "icacontroller-GAIA.WITHDRAWAL", "attempts": 5, "error": "no error on QueryPacketUnrelayedAcknowledgements for STRIDE-TESTNET-2, however response is nil"}
2022-08-04T07:45:43.367112Z	info	Unrelayed destination packets	{"dst_chain_id": "STRIDE-TESTNET-2", "dst_channel_id": "channel-0", "seqs": [10600]}

over and over again. I am pretty confident that my config is not the problem, because when I send a transaction to update the existing clients (rly tx update-clients gaia-stride) the transaction is successful, and I can see my memo in the relevant chain explorer. Regardless, here is my config:

global:
    api-listen-addr: :5183
    timeout: 10s
    light-cache-size: 20
chains:
    gaia:
        type: cosmos
        value:
            key: myGaiaKey
            chain-id: GAIA
            rpc-addr: http://127.0.0.1:23657
            account-prefix: cosmos
            keyring-backend: file
            gas-adjustment: 1.2
            gas-prices: 0.05uatom
            debug: true
            timeout: 20s
            output-format: json
            sign-mode: direct
    stride:
        type: cosmos
        value:
            key: myStrideKey
            chain-id: STRIDE-TESTNET-2
            rpc-addr: http://127.0.0.1:26657
            account-prefix: stride
            keyring-backend: file
            gas-adjustment: 1.2
            gas-prices: 0.05ustrd
            debug: true
            timeout: 20s
            output-format: json
            sign-mode: direct
paths:
    gaia-stride:
        src:
            chain-id: GAIA
            client-id: 07-tendermint-0
            connection-id: connection-0
        dst:
            chain-id: STRIDE-TESTNET-2
            client-id: 07-tendermint-0
            connection-id: connection-0
        src-channel-filter:
            rule: allowlist
            channel-list:
                - channel-0
                - channel-1
                - channel-2
                - channel-3
                - channel-4

Does anyone have any clue what could be going on here?

1 Like

Hey,

Hermes dev here. From the looks of it, it’s possible interchain accounts are only supported in the go-relayer v2, though by searching the repo this wasn’t obvious. What go-rly version are you using?

It might be best to open an issue on the go-rly repo to flag your problem directly with that team. (I can’t post links on the forum apparently, but you’ll find the repo easily under the cosmos organization on github.)

1 Like

I mirror Adi’s sentiment:

• try v2, because it is much better than v1
  • if using v2 try the event based processing features, they’re wonderful

Please do feel free to post again here if you need more assistance.

1 Like