Spacebox - Tool for Data Indexation and Storage in the Cosmos Hub
- 2023-02-10 Created initial post
IPFS link - Full Proposal IPFS
As the Cosmos ecosystem expands and evolves, the requirement for efficient and reliable data management solutions within the Cosmos Hub becomes increasingly important. Bro_n_Bro have expertise in working with indexers in the ecosystem and comprehend their utilization in building advanced applications. Despite the popularity of existing indexers for monitoring purposes, they lack the necessary flexibility and user-experience for developers and users. As more blockchains emerge, the need for more data storage becomes imperative. Although improving storage and data access at the SDK level would be ideal, for now, a separate indexer remains the best solution for quick access to data.
To address this requirement, we propose the development of a comprehensive set of open-source tools for data indexation and storage, utilizing the cutting-edge technology of ClickHouse as the foundation for the storage facility. This approach will not only provide quick access to large data sets but also ensure a stable architecture that guarantees data consistency and enables a lightweight setup. This will foster the creation of more sophisticated user-experience and analytics applications within the Cosmos Hub and across the entire Cosmos ecosystem.
Scope of Work:
- Utilizing ClickHouse as the storage facility to provide quick access to large data sets
- Developing a stable architecture that guarantees data consistency
- An easily deployable set-up that will enable the development of more user-experience and analytics applications in the Cosmos Hub and the entire Cosmos ecosystem
- Providing dev documentation, contribution, and set-up guides to assist in the understanding and execution of the project
The architecture of the proposed tool was formed for a purpose of scalability and data consistency.
To achieve named purposes process of crawling and writing to DB are separated into different microservices:
All services are packed into the docker to simplify deployment. The main repo contains a ready-to-use docker-compose file and deployment documentation.
All the above mentioned services are in the pre-Alpha version, and should not be considered as a final product.
Development has already been started but to finalize it we are requesting the support of the Cosmos Hub community. 7,500 ATOMs would be enough to cover the costs of development and implementation of the Indexer that supports current Cosmos-SDK and IBC modules
The proposed project will take
- soft date - 3 months
- hard date - 6 months
Today most cosmos applications are built either on raw chain data directly from API or based on closed-source indexators. Having open-sourced robust solution with easy and fast data access may drive great new applications development, and improve whole ecosystem growth.
- YES - by voting ‘Yes’ on this proposal, you indicate support for funding the creation of Space-box services
- NO - by voting ‘No’ on this proposal, you do not support this proposal in its current form - please kindly indicate why by leaving comments in the Cosmos Forum.
- NO WITH VETO - A ‘NoWithVeto’ vote indicates a proposal either (1) is deemed to be spam, i.e., irrelevant to Cosmos Hub, (2) disproportionately infringes on minority interests, or (3) violates or encourages violation of the rules of engagement as currently set out by Cosmos Hub governance. If the number of ‘NoWithVeto’ votes is greater than a third of total votes, the proposal is rejected and the deposits are burned.
- ABSTAIN - You wish to contribute to quorum but you formally decline to vote either for or against the proposal.