Request to Drop the Lawsuit: All in Bits, Inc. vs. Grace Yu Description: Signalling Proposal for All in Bits, Inc. to Withdraw Legal Action Against Grace Yu

Introduction:

Our community, consisting of developers, contributors, validators, creators, and $ATOM holders, encompasses a diverse range of backgrounds and opinions. However, there is a prevailing sentiment of unity surrounding the ongoing legal dispute between All in Bits, Inc., and Grace Yu. We are collectively advocating for All in Bits, Inc. to withdraw their lawsuit against Grace Yu, as it threatens not only the reputation of our network but also the values that underpin the Cosmos vision.

Context and Background:

All in Bits, Inc., a foundation organisation of $ATOM, has initiated a lawsuit against Grace Yu, a member of our community, on grounds that many believe to be unsubstantiated. The case was taken to a Federal court, seeking damages of $150,000. The legal costs incurred just to initiate the case substantially exceed this value. The concern is that this legal action seems motivated by vindictive intent rather than legitimate legal grievances, which has led to widespread confusion and increasing distrust.

Legal Implications and Community Impact:

The lawsuit against Grace Yu has the potential to instigate unwarranted scrutiny and may have legal implications for $ATOM. The impact of this legal action on the token’s value, precedent, and overall community sentiment should be carefully considered. Moreover, the community’s perception of All in Bits, Inc., may suffer, which could weaken our collective trust in the Cosmos network.

Misuse of Funds and Core Values:

We find it particularly concerning that All in Bits, Inc., has chosen to allocate funds, initially intended for the development and promotion of open-source software, towards financing this lawsuit. This decision contradicts the principles of transparency and fairness that are fundamental to our community.

Request:

We disapprove of legal action against any community member from foundation organisations. Respectfully, for the benefit of the ecosystem, we ask that All in Bits, Inc. drop its lawsuit against Grace Yu, immediately.

Voting options

1. Yes: Approval of the proposal in its current form.

2. No: Disapproval of the proposal in its current form.

3. Abstain: The voter wishes to contribute to quorum without voting for or against a
    proposal.

4. NoWithVeto: A ‘NoWithVeto’ vote indicates a proposal either (1) is deemed to be spam,
    i.e., irrelevant to Cosmos Hub, (2) disproportionately infringes on minority interests, or
    (3) violates or encourages violation of the rules of engagement as currently set out by
    Cosmos Hub governance.

2 Likes

Why making another proposal with same purpose?

I view this one as a spam.

Make a other proposal is making cosmos governance is becoming a joke…

No worries sir, if you view this as spam, just veto it.

Thanks for participating in Cosmos Hub governance.

1 Like

I think you may have misinterpreted the proposals. Correct me if I’m wrong though. #791 requests community funds to help Grace Yu get legal defense help while this new proposal proposed is trying to signal the disapproval of the initial lawsuit by AiB. Some community members have voiced that they would rather not have any community funds go to the legal fees of either party so I believe this addresses the AiB side of things when it comes to how community funds are/were spent.

3 Likes

Language changed on this one, i believe you can see the difference.

1 Like

Voting Yes: I do not think this proposal is spam especially if the lawsuit by AiB is being funded by ATOM. I think it would be a good signal to AiB and Jae that this community doesn’t want more fighting at the cost of ATOM holders.

I don’t know which is worse: Cosmos creators cannibalizing each other, or trying to sort it out using the governance system.

Either way… faith is plummeting. And some people are too concerned about winning a personal spat to care.

1 Like

The governance system on the hub is ours. We built it. It is our mechanism for settling disputes.

Edny is foreign to us. AiB made a choice to attempt to settle a dispute outside. By doing that, he also put the legal status of the hub at risk, and deliberately undermined the governance mechanisms on the hub, showing that he thinks that the ultimate authority four Cosmos matters rests outside of cosmos. I disagree.

Show me another chain that has this sort of BS playing out over their governance platform. It’s embarrassing for all who invest here to see this sort of repeated high school drama sneezed all over an otherwise respectable project.