Formally request AllInBits, Inc to drop their lawsuit against Grace Yu
This proposal is to formally request that AllInBits, Inc drop their lawsuit against Grace Yu and promise not to engage cosmonauts in pointless legal battles in the future.
Here’s a hyperlink to the lawsuit:
- Jae Kwon is the CEO of AllInBits, Inc
- Jae is one of the founders of Cosmos and the inventor of the Tendermint consensus mechanism
- AllinBits, inc is a Limited Liablity Company headquartered in Delaware
- AiB has also been referred to as
- AiB has also been referred to as
- AiB, Inc filed the lawsuit against Grace Yu in the Eastern District of New York Federal Court against Grace Yu.
- AiB is being represented by mofo.com
- AiB and mofo.com submitted a lawsuit to a Federal court in the Eastern District of New York that contains numerous easily proven factual inaccuracies.
- The lawsuit falsely claims that Jacob worked with Grace to unveil Jae Kwon’s folder of Nazi filth from the gno documentation. Jacob did not know Grace at that time, and independently chose to release Jae’s nazi filth to the world because Jae had publicly accused him of blasphemy against Allah and that is a bridge way too far.
- You can view Jae’s folder of Nazi filth here:
- Jae’s folder of Nazi filth is in fact the original gno documentation
- The word Nazi is used here to mean: Anti-Catholic, Anti-Jesuit, and Anti-Semitic & in line with the views of the 1921-1945 German National Socialist Party on Catholics, Jesuits, and Jews.
- the great organizational restructuring of 2020 was set off by religious discrimination at AiB
- The lawsuit dismisses Zaki’s claims about Gno as disparagement. Zaki’s claims about Gno are true. You can view Jacob’s check of Zaki’s claims here: https://github.com/gnolang/gno/pull/562
- Zaki’s claims about Gno are factual.
- All nwv validators on proposal 82 have recieved at minimum 90,000 Atom Delegations from AiB with two exceptions
- Cosmostation got a 590,000 delegation
- Bro-n-Bro got a 10,000 delegation
- Some interpert this as bribery and others interpert this as political represention. Surely, Grace can’t be criticized for sharing a widely-held, but not universal point of view, and there is a great discussion of that here: https://forum.cosmos.network/t/clarifying-funding-sources-for-cosmos-validators/10272/24
- Instead of just starting another branch in the same repository, Jae chose to archive tendermint/tendermint. This led to months of delays, and every chain in cosmos had to be changed in various ways to support the new module import paths.
The Corporation is a Juno DAO created for fun, and at no time prior to the lawsuit did it have anything to do with AiB.
- Members of The Corporation now work 27 hours a day on allinbutts.com because they have been dragged into a federal court case that lacks factual accuracy or merit.
Clause by Clause Breakdown
- FALSE: AiB did have other choices
- FALSE: AiB did not complete IBC, it was completed by team members who left due to religious discrimination.
- FALSE: The last innovative thing AiB shipped was ignite. Ignite has now failed.
- TRUE: AiB and Jae deserve credit for Tendermint consensus, it is amazing
- UNDERREPORTED: Ignite was formerly used by numerous chains. Surely more than 12. It was later removed.
- TRUE: Grace Yu worked at AiB
- TRUE: Grace Yu worked at tendermint for only around 3 months because nearly the entire Ignite team was fired and AiB reneged on plan to separate ignite from AiB
- FALSE: Grace Yu was simply attempting to get the Apache 2.0 license enforced. It does not permit noncompetes and the like.
- FALSE: Grace Yu has made only factual statements. It is not unreasonable to refer to a work environment where anti-semitic, anti-jesuit, and anti-catholic materials from 4chan pass for software documentation as “psychopathic”
a) FALSE: due to its long history of religious discrimination, it is fair to call AiB pathological, sociopathic, and hostile.
b) FALSE: The country in which a former aib employee fired from Ignite lives, does not permit non-compete agreements, and yet AiB had them sign one.
c) UNKNOWN: those were sure some weird as hell tweets
- FALSE: Grace hasn’t made false statements.
- True and False: Yes, Grace was trying to raise funds for Spellshape. No, she was not disparaging AiB.
- FALSE: Grace simply had the same experiences with Jae Kwon and therefore had the same complaints.
- FALSE: What Grace said about AiB has been known for years.
14-25) What goodwill? Nazi propaganda is distributed in the workplace.
- TRUE: Grace was a consultant at AiB.
- TRUE AND FALSE: Yes, the contract had a non-disparagement clause, NO Grace Yu did not break it.
30-41) FALSE: Grace spoke only factual information about AiB and AiB did attempt to circumvent the apache 2.0 license so that Denis could not continue his work.
- Hilariously FALSE: The corporation had nothing to do with AiB until the lawsuit. Post-lawsuit, the corporation still has nothing to do with AiB and owns allinbutts.com
- FALSE: No one can be certain that did not happen.
- FALSE: Grace, Zaki, Jack and Jacob simply spoke of their experiences with AiB.
- FALSE: Zaki’s commentary about GNO is factual.
- FALSE: AiB filed a lawsuit against Grace Yu in the Eastern District of New York, which made false allegations and attempted to control discourse in Cosmos.
- FALSE: Jacob was claiming that Jae runs harassment campaigns. The tweets cited are from before Jacob even knew who Grace Yu was.
- FALSE: Jae’s got alternate identites and has built many of them over the years. Two of his alts contributed to the GORE in 2020, because he spent all his time as his alter egos.
- FALSE: Jae has used bribery to influence cosmos governance, for example in proposal 69 NoWithVeto got double the GNO airdrop.
- FALSE: Grace and the cited individuals have had similar experiences with AiB and thus have similar things to say about AiB.
51-55) Uh: Mr. Buchman is displeased that he is in such a hateful document, per this interview: https://terraspaces.org/2023/04/18/ethan-buchman-on-aib-the-icf-informal/ Mr. Buchman also reaffirms his commitment to mutual love.
56-61) FALSE: AiB has no reputation to lose at this point. It is known in Cosmos as a workplace where hateful conduct is encouraged by the CEO, a litigous organization that is in possession of former team member’s cryptocurrencies per @ebuchman.
vote YES to formally request that AllInBits, Inc drop their lawsuit against Grace Yu and promise not to engage cosmonauts in pointless legal battles in the future
To avoid deliberation over flavor text, all other options are defined either by proposal 75 or by the cosmos-sdk documentation, with governance proposals taking priority over the sdk.
A kind note to proceduralists: no governance proposal has passed mandating the use of the forum. If rules are rules, then they should go through governance, or they are not in fact rules.
I do not use the word “Nazi” to mean “strict like that one obsessive boss you once had” or “all people who like Donald Trump are Nazis.” I mean "expressing views about Jews, Catholics and Jesuits that are in line with the views held by the German National Socialist Party. I have very deliberately chosen to use this word.
I continue to support a YES vote on proposal 971 because Grace has spent ~$80,000 of her own money to defend against a lawsuit that contains almost entirely non-factual information, and risks insolvency due to this lawsuit. My support of YES on 971 is not out of concern for charity, but instead as part of my desire to see the hub assert our shared values as a community. Further, the passage of this proposal does not guarantee that AiB will drop their ridiculous lawsuit.