Simply Staking is a team of security and computer engineers operating blockchain infrastructure on multiple PoS blockchain networks, both in test and live environments.
The group operates infrastructure out of its own Tier 3 datacentre, with various backup sites across the globe, and a policy against the use of cloud providers. Our PoS infrastructure includes multiple layers of sentries per network, hosted locally and at colocated servers of ours. Some of these are private and locked down, serving also as backup validator nodes, and others are public to provide the rest of our infrastructure with better global peer connectivity.
We believe that new, decentralised public infrastructure requires a set of independent, geographically distributed validators operating their own private infrastructure. The fact that many validators rely on cloud infrastructure puts this vision of a decentralised future in jeopardy, by inadvertently centralising networks on a handful of cloud networks that are owned by large corporations.
We are one of the original validators that formed part of the genesis of the Cosmos Hub back in 2019 and have expanded our ecosystem validators and contributions ever since.
We offer validation services for many tendermint-based chains including;
- Cosmos Hub, Osmosis, Juno, Secret Network, Regen Network, Akash, Sommelier, Agoric, Lum Network, Stargaze, Quicksilver, Tgrade, Gravity Bridge, Bitsong, Desmos, KI Chain, Persistence, Crescent, E-Money, IXO and Omniflix.
We are also active contributors on multiple ongoing Testnets, both pre-live and alongside mainnets, to ensure the security and stability of the chain.
Apart from tendermint-based chains we also validate on ETH2, Oasis Network, CELO, Pocket Network and Substrate based chains such as Polkadot, Kusama, Moonbeam and Moonriver. We also are an Oracle and Node operator for Chainlink.
- We have developed and open-sourced our tool, PANIC, allowing validators to easily monitor their setup and get alerted should critical issues occur. The new and original PANIC tool is being used by many validators within the ecosystem. GitHub - SimplyVC/panic: PANIC Monitoring and Alerting For Blockchains and GitHub - SimplyVC/panic_cosmos: 🚨 PANIC for Cosmos
- Developed a bonding curve Cosmos SDK module for the IXO team, currently being used in production - GitHub - ixoworld/bonds: A custom Cosmos SDK module for universal token bonding curve functions.
- Supported Gravity DEX (now Crescent Network) with code reviews and advice following our experience building the bonding curve module.
- Initially participating in the Tendermint ICO, we’ve also active investors within the ecosystems and have funded various teams building within the Cosmos ecosystem.
- We’re an active IBC relayer, relaying packets across various channels on the following networks: Cosmos Hub, Osmosis, Akash, Juno, Omniflix, Crescent, Stargaze and Secret.
We use a combination of Prometheus Alertmanager, Grafana and PANIC to monitor everything from block signing, syncing, hardware metrics, network statistics, Ethereum transaction monitoring and much more. Escalation policies are set per network that enable alerts to be routed between the relevant team members through Opsgenie. We also use Zabbix that performs automated tasks for issue fixing.
We provide swift and immediate incidence response via our engineering team who are on call 24/7.
We have a newly formed dedicated team who monitors and manages governance proposals. The team will discuss and share their thoughts with a select few more individuals who give their input and have meaningful discussions.
Simply Staking recently integrated Authz thanks to the efforts by the new team in order to increase participation across the growing number of networks that are handled.
We maintain an active Twitter account @SimplyStaking. We also have multiple of our team members who are active in the space who engage in discussions and threads with the rest of the ecosystem.