Attention: Ledger Cosmos App users

Since the app name changed recently (from COSMOS to Cosmos), this has unexpected consequences when you try to update or uninstall the old version.

For now, both versions, COSMOS 1.1.1 and Cosmos 1.5.0, are available for installation/uninstallation on Ledger Live Manager.

Once the app is switched to public mode, however, only Cosmos 1.5.0 will work. The only option for you if you wish to update your app from v1.1.1 (and older) will be to reset your device completley and restore it.

To all those experiencing issues uninstalling COSMOS app v1.1.1 or older, please make sure to click the uninstall button in Ledger Live Manager for version v1.1.1 (it should be visible now, if not, please restart Ledger Live).

The new version Cosmos 1.5.0 has a different name (Cosmos instead of COSMOS) which is what’s breaking the uninstallation phase.

4 Likes

A bit confused. I have v 1.1.1 installed on my Ledger device. And I downloaded v1.5.0 as well. How do I pull this off without having to initialize the Nano S (would rather not do that)? Or are you saying that’s not possible? Thanks

Withdrawal failed: TypeError: n.appInfo is not a function.

Getting this when using Lunie

How did you get on , you have to reset ?

CLI with Cosmos 1.5 app gives: ERROR: ledger nano S: no ledger connected

This is what I’ve done so far:
-Updated firmware on Nano S
-Added the new Cosmos app on Nano S (v 1.5)
-Tried to log into Lunie.io using the new app (v 1.5) and it gives an error message “AppInfo is not a function” - WTF?

Now running both versions of the app on my Nano S, and don’t know what to do

Devs / admins, please help

On the Ledger side, you can’t install 1.5.0 without having first reinitialized Nano S.

As for Lunie, we’ll need to ping the team.

Here is a quick update on this issue:

• Ledger Live is not upgrading properly from v1.1.1 to v1.5 due to slightly different naming.
  • At the moment, it is possible to install both apps side by side (at the same time).
  • As shown in the picture below, it is also possible to uninstall them independently.
  • Our recommendation is that you uninstall v1.1.1 and install v1.5
  • Uninstalling the apps does not affect your keys. They are actually linked to the device mnemonic.

Hi @azulmarino, could you open an issue here? https://github.com/cosmos/ledger-cosmos/issues

Please include the gaiacli version you are using:

gaiacli version

Turned out to be a non issue as a reboot of my MacBook resolved the problem with the gaiacli 0.34.1

is there any difference between COSMOS 1.1.1 and Cosmos 1.5.0 ?

The most important change is Ledger Nano X support.
There will be some new features for both devices in the next release v1.6.0

Still, there have been some minor fixes plus the change from uppercase to lowercase, seemed to have confused Ledger Live upgrade.
It is good that everyone upgrades to 1.5.0 ASAP. In the near future, Ledger will remove COSMOS v1.1.1 and it will be harder to uninstall.

Tbh I do not know what else could I do?

1. Wiped out Ledger
  2. Install Cosmos 1.5
  3. cmd+r lunie

=>

delegation failed: failed to fetch

HI xhipster,
I think these are independent unrelated issues:

1. What we were discussing here is small upgrade issue in Ledger Live.
    There is actually no need to wipe, you Ledger. The important thing is that you use Ledger v1.5.x and uninstall v1.1.1 as per the instructions Attention: Ledger Cosmos App users

2. delegation failed: failed to fetch sounds related to a couple of Lunie issues here:
    https://github.com/luniehq/lunie/issues/2627
    https://github.com/luniehq/lunie/issues/2632

1 Like

awsome

Juan Leni via Cosmos Forum cosmos1@discoursemail.com 于2019年5月20日周一 上午2:11写道:

My ledger live is updated at 1.10.2. I don’t see neither the Cosmos app or the COSMOS one. I have the first COSMOS app installed on my ledger. What can I do to at least access my funds? Lunie.io gives me an error “Outdated Version: Please update Ledger Cosmos App to the latest version”

You probably need to enable developer mode? If it is disabled, you will not be able to see the apps.

The Cosmos app is install on the ledger but I can’t find it on the manager so I can’t uninstall it.
What’s the issue ?

Turn on Developer mode in the Settings.

1 Like